Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hellboy

It was almost a year ago that I had wanted to carve a Hellboy. It was just a couple of weeks ago that I finally completed one. I have been a huge fan of Mike Mignola and Hellboy, and had wanted to do Hellboy as one of my first superhero carvings. I tried and tried, but could not figure out a way to get him the way that I saw him. I had screwed up so many pieces of the typical size of wood that I normally use, and decided to carve him from a bigger piece. I had gotten a 3"x3"x6" piece and started hacking away. It didn't take long to realize that it wasn't going to be easy and I had set it aside to tackle less taxing projects. As I became more comfortable in my style, I had started to notice my unfinished Hellboy. I spent the end of last week and the weekend to finish outstanding projects and this was one of them. I could not be more proud of deciding to finish what I had started ten months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment