Monday, May 14, 2012

More movie talk

I can't get that Avengers movie out of my head. It was the best ten bucks I have spent outside of the money that I spend on comics weekly. It was such a fun movie that it got me thinking as to which movies I like more, Marvel or DC?

As of right now, I would have to say that Marvel is by far the best for my buck. While I love the Dark Knight movies, I am not much of a fan of Superman. As for as DC goes, that is pretty much it for their stable of films. To me it seems like Marvel really put some thought into their movies lately and how they would fit into the large picture. I believe that we as comic fans can only be impressed by the continuity posed by these last three films leading up to Avengers.

By the last three films, I mean, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America. This list doesn't include the first Iron Man which, in my opinion, was just about as enjoyable as the Dark Knight. I could only hope that they had made a Hulk movie with the same actor that they had cast in Avengers.

I tend to drift towards DC when it comes to my comics but am on board with Marvel when it comes to the cinema. Lets hope the new Batman movie will blow them all away!

No comments:

Post a Comment