Friday, April 20, 2012

Avatar

I ran out the door as I saw the UPS man pull up outside of the house. It was a giddy feeling that I haven't had for a packsge in quite a while. You see, I have been watching this show with my son called Avatar. He loves watching it and I am haboring a secret geek passion for it as well. We have watched the 3 seasons all the way through, twice. I have just learned of the new series that has started up just a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say, this is a great way to introduce my son into the my realm. It is the realm of obsession over things like cartoons and comics. Wait! This is the one avenue that I have not walked down hand-in-hand with my new friend Avatar yet. Comics. As I got on to the ol' computation machine, my heart was racing. Please, please, please! Let it be true that....Yes! There is a comic that is being put out by Dark Horse that takes place right as the 3rd season ends. Oh how my little boy will begin to blossom into a full fledged geek. That is what I ran outside for. The comic came in and the poor UPS guy asked me if it was for me. I opened the package with Charlie Bucket like care. I caught a glimpse of the book inside, pulled it out and started to tear-up a smidge. I replied to the chap in brown " Yes. This is for me, and it is glorious." i gave him some dap and ran as fast as I could back into the house. I flipped through a little of the book, but am going to wait til the time is right to read it with my son. Mmm...the sweet smell of obsession. It got me to thinking that when my new shipment of wood comes in, that I will be starting a couple of pieces from Avatar. I am thinking of Aang normal and in his Avatar state.

No comments:

Post a Comment