Thursday, April 12, 2012

Back at it.

This is the first night of painting in quite some time. Thank you to all of the coffee growers out in the world for giving me this opportunity to get back into it. We have been a little busy here at the homestead with the arrival of our third child. This normally is a tiring experience, but due to the combination of Foster's oil cans and coffee, it has given me a small window in which to get some of the work done that I would like to.

I really hate refering to it as "work". It is more of a hobby or even a passion. Actually, passion might be a bit much. Shouldn't it be a passion? Aassion should be something that you can't live without. Breathing is a passion. Carving wood is not as important. I do not see myself dying from not carving wood. Hobby sounds like I might be scouring the aisles of Micheal's looking for the exact size of styrofoam ball for my nativity scene. Well shit, I don't know how to classify it. Ah! I will refer to it as Papa's Fun Time!

Anyhow, I am hoping you have read the return to comics by Brian K. Vaughn. His new book is called The Saga. I really like it, but this isn't a review page. If you would like reviews please visit the comicast that I participate in at I Kick Your Face Comicast. (shameless plug) I have been working on carving and painting the main character in order to send it to the writer as a gift. It feels as though it might be the equivalent of a tween writing to Bieber, but I am going to do it! I am hoping for a signed headshot in return.

Ugh, back to work! (hobbying)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new born! Hope to see some picks of this new piece of wood carving soon :)

    ReplyDelete