Sunday, July 1, 2012

Huge Hawkeye

I have been wanting to start doing "project" pieces. These are carvings that should take me weeks to complete. I have started with doing a Hawkeye. I have no idea why I wanted to do this character. As far as dudes with bows goes, I am definitely an Oliver Queen kind of guy. I am assuming that it is the color scheme that had sucked me in. It seems like a better guy to do on a large scale.
By large scale, I am talking a block of wood that is 3" x 3" x 12". It looks like this:
I have been woking away on it for a week and have gotten to this point here:
I am hoping to have the carving done by the end of the week and get it into the paint lab. I really can't wait to see it with some color! That is all for now. I will send pitures as I progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment